February 24, 2013

Delicious raw broccoli pesto




I love pesto especially homemade pesto. It´s so easy to prepare with your favourite ingredients, away from all those addictives and without the fat like the ones you find nowadays on the supermarket shelves.

Today I felt like having a pasta dish, and dressing it with pesto, but what kind of pesto, I asked myself!? I was low in ingredients, hadn´t done any groceries, I definetly had to play with, what I had in the fridge.

Broccoli is one of my favourite greens and I always have it at home. I could eat broccoli everyday and never get sick of it.

This mini tree look alike is loaded with health benefits, such as cancer prevention, cholesterol reduction and a powerfull antioxidante. It also helps reduce allergy reaction and inflamation, it´s excellente for bone and heart health, and it plays a good part on body detoxification.  This cruciferous vegetable is a good diet aid, and most important alkalizes your body.

Broccoli is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc is also contains B1, B2, B3, B6, vitamin C, beta-carotene. It´s high in fiber and low in calories.

You can´t go wrong with broccoli, their yummy =D






 Now! Let me show you how to prepare this delicious pesto!


Ingredients:

300g of raw broccoli florets
4 leafs of fresh basil
2 stems of fresh cilantro
1/2 lemon juice (fresh)
100g of roasted hazelnuts ( leave ou 6 hazelnuts to garnish)
1 clove of garlic
80g of good quality olive oil
2 Tbsp of water 
pinch of himalayan salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp of freshly grated sheep´s cheese (Pecorino Romano)

Directions:

1) Throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse for about a minute. Add extra olive oil or water if it feels too dry. 
2) Salt & pepper to taste.
3) Garnish with freshly grated Pecorino Romano and some hazelnuts.
4) Serve with pasta, in a salad, sandwich or a wrap.




 As for me, I plan on using it on my gluten free pasta from my favorite site SuperBio, check out the amazing gluten free products.

Hope you enjoy as much I did...

with love, Claudia C.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...